You will need:
- Slide lubricant (slide cream or slide oil)
- Tuning slide grease
- Mouthpiece brush
- Cleaning snake
- Clean cloth
Every day/as needed:
- Apply a small amount of slide lubricant to the inner hand slide
- Lightly wipe down your trombone to remove any fingerprints
- Wipe old grease off of the tuning slide
- Apply fresh tuning slide grease to the tuning slide
- Clean your mouthpiece using your mouthpiece brush, warm water, and a mild soap, such as Dawn or Palmolive.
- Clean your trombone in the bathtub. Take the inner hand slide out of the outer hand slide and take the tuning slide out of the bell section. Clean these four parts with warm water and a mild soap, such as Dawn or Palmolive. Run your cleaning snake through the entire instrument. Rinse everything out with clean, warm water. Allow to dry before reassembling. Apply fresh tuning slide grease and slide lubricant when reassembling.
- Bring your instrument in to the shop to make sure it is in top working order. We will provide a free estimate and let you know what, if anything, needs to be done to your instrument to keep it functioning at its best.